Job openings at Crossroads
Here is a list of the current employment opportunities at Crossroads Church.
Crossroads Church is seeking an Office Manager desiring to share their solid managerial skills in a fun, flexible, casual, Christian setting. This position will be scheduled for 32 hours per week.
Job Overview :
Job duties include maintaining office services by organizing office operations and procedures; leading Human Resource efforts; designing and implementing office policies by establishing standards and procedures leading to measuring results against standards and helping Lead Pastor and Leadership to make necessary adjustments; working hand in hand with Lead Pastor and Leadership to maintain
office staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; assisting Lead Pastor in administrative duties; designing filing systems; analyzing office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems and helping Lead Pastor and Leadership in implementing needed changes; reviewing and approving expenditures; preparing and processing payroll; analyzing the viability of outsourcing payroll; accomplishing bookkeeping duties using QuickBooks.
Office Manager Skills and Qualifications:
- Team Player
- Stellar Organization & Follow-Through
- Solid Communication
- Intense desire to work in a Christian environment
- Unwavering Self-starter
- Future Focused
- Flexible hours
- Ample opportunities to use one’s creativity
- Great team members
- Optimism and fun work environment
- Paid vacation time and other benefits
Specific Office Manager Job Duties:
Office Management Responsibilities
- Provide defined procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and
- disposal of records.
- Maintain office efficiency by working within office policies. Establishing office
- policies where needed.
- Maintain standards and procedures; measuring results against standards;
- making necessary adjustments.
- Maintain office staff by helping Lead Pastor and Leadership in recruiting,
- selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Help Lead Pastor to maintain office staff job results by coaching, counseling,
- and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational
- workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal
- networks; participating in professional societies.
- Update and create Employee contracts. Meet with employees to accomplish.
- Work alongside of Lead Pastor to accomplish Employee Reviews.
- Maintain office PASSWORD document.
- Run background checks on all volunteers and employees as needed. Retain
- reports permanently in locked file.
- Assist Lead Pastor in Administrative duties.
- Maintain Office Manager’s “Office Share” File.
- Run CCleaner weekly and with updates every other week
- Make sure antivirus on office computer runs weekly (PC Matic)
- Other duties as assigned
Human Resource Responsibilities
- Work with KHI insurance company and CPA
- Maintain POP, Premium Only Plan, renewal, fees etc.
- Maintain Medical, Dental, Vision and AFLAC insurances. Researching renewal
- options; recommending to and getting Deacon approval; communicating with
- employees the options; processing paperwork; processing amounts to CPA
- for withdrawals from employee’s paychecks for their insurance choices.
- Process 403-B paperwork for interested employees. Set up, maintain etc.
- Maintain files for all types of insurance and also POP and 403-B files.
- Maintain Crossroads Church Employee files, including W-4s, I-9 etc
- Maintain Employment Forms folder and Job Application folder. Keep forms
- current. Keep New Hire paperwork ready in file folder. Keep electronic
- versions of forms up to date.
- New Hires: Complete new hire paperwork with them. Submit insurance
- paperwork to insurance agent. Work with CPA to process and "enroll" new
- hire to receive paycheck with correct insurance withdrawals. File and process
- paperwork accordingly.
- Process payroll and email to CPA. Work with CPA to make sure payroll is
- done on time
- Process payroll reports.
- Pay any required payroll taxes.
- Maintain accuracy of payroll, PTO etc.
- Point person for employees and CPA. i.e. PTO questions
- Communicate with employees regarding job descriptions
- Maintain Human Resource & Health and Safety Handbook. Recommend
- updates for Deacons approval. Once approved, update Handbook. Notify
- employees of changes. Make sure all employees have new version of
- Handbook and have signed last page stating that they will abide by
- Handbook. File signed pages in employee files.
- Achieve financial objectives by helping Lead Pastor, Leadership and staff
- prepare an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances;
- initiating corrective actions.
- Process and maintain all bookkeeping on QuickBooks.
- Maintain Preschool financials
- Supply necessary reports to Preschool Director
- Make monthly adjustments, depreciation, Preschool utility costs etc.
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Process and pay all invoices.
- Maintain all electronic payments i.e. insurance, utilities etc.
- Compile and process Deposits for Holy Grounds, any checks mailed to
- church, missions money, other monies as necessary.
- Process Push Pay (on line giving) contributions and input these contributions
- into membership program (Servant Keeper)
- Input weekly offering contributions in membership program (Servant Keeper)
- Prepare monthly financial reports for Treasurer and Leadership
- Inform Lead Pastor, Treasurer, Leadership of any important financial
- information i.e. offering decreases/increases, new Human Resource laws that
- affect church, etc.
- Complete necessary Reformed Church in America (RCA) reports
- Process Lead Pastors employer and employee Fidelity retirement monthly
- Reimburse employees as applicable
- Process and pay employee credit card statements
- Print and distribute annual Contribution statements from membership
- program (Servant Keeper)
- Coordinate with staff and Deacons and create church budget
To apply, please contact Crossroads Church at (515) 287-8580. Or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.